Wednesday, March 19, 2014

st. patrick's day in pictures

Well we started celebrating St. Patrick's Day on Saturday with a cocktail party for some friends and then just kept right on celebrating until the actual day on Monday. I'm just now getting the house back in order! On Saturday we had an Irish cocktail party. I made Irish Stew, Pulled Pork with Guinness, Smoked Salmon on Brown bread and mini shepherds pie. I also made Bailey's rice pudding, Baileys sugar cookies, Guinness Pretzel truffles, Lucky Charm treats, and Car Bomb Cupcakes! If you would like the recipes for any of these please feel free to email me and I will send them along. I found most of them from my St. Patrick's Day Pinterest board. I decorated simply with lots of white flowers and gold candles and for favors we gave each couple an individual serving of Lucky Charms with two green spoons attached. My husband also had an Irish Whiskey tasting in the basement.



 
 

On Sunday my family came over for Irish Stew. I thought it would be fun to make a centerpiece, for my teen-aged nephews, with some "lucky" lottery tickets attached to balloons.

 
On Monday the kids woke up to their new shoes and muddy leprechaun footprints! We had rainbow fruit salad and cereal before they headed off to school.
 


 
Of course we had to send in a little treat for their teachers and classmates.
 
 



I couldn't let the day get away without a picture of my sweet kids in their Irish sweaters.


I hope everyone had a fun St. Patrick's Day (or weekend like us!)

For each petal on the shamrock
This brings a wish your way -
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and every day.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!