Thursday, March 20, 2014

spring


Today is the first day of Spring! I snapped this picture yesterday of a tulip on my mantle. I recently read that tulips can grow longer, even after they have been cut, because they reach for the sun. This tulip was completely reaching out over the mantle towards the sun. Just beautiful. I just love winter, but I am looking forward to pretty flowers and warmer days. When I was teaching one of the parents always made rice krispie treat nests filled with Cadbury mini eggs on the first day of Spring. I thought it was a sweet tradition and it was one that her kids always looked forward to. Do you have any fun first day of spring celebrations? I would love to hear about them.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!