Monday, December 2, 2013

weekend in pictures

 
We had such an amazing and wonderful holiday weekend filled with good food, family and friends! We are truly blessed and have so much to be thankful for.
 
 
We started Thanksgiving morning with some turkey! I made some waffles and apple slices into the shape of a turkey. The kids loved it.
 


We watched the parade and set the table. My mom leant us her beautiful green and gold plates which I wanted to highlight on the table.  I like a clean look so I used the pumpkins I painted gold and some small gold votive candles.  I put the silverware in some gold polka dot paper bags.

 
The kids got dressed up and my daughter even requested to have her hair curled!
 
 
 
We ate delicious food and were thrilled to have family with us to share it.
 
 
 
On Friday we went with some friends to cut down our Christmas tree! It was a beautiful, cold evening and the sun was just about to set.
 

 
 
 
I made some homemade cocoa and brought cups, whipped cream, sprinkles, candy canes and some peppermint schnapps for the grownups.  It really hit the spot!
 
 



On Saturday we took all three kids to see Frozen! It was really fun. We also took them out for dinner which was a fun treat.  On Sunday we put up the tree and decorated it and also had some friends come visit from NY. We made a big pot of Irish stew and lit the fire. It was wonderful.


We also took out and started our Advent calendar. It's hard to believe that December is already here!



I hope that all of you had a lovely weekend with good food, family and friends too!

 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!