Monday, December 16, 2013

the nutcracker

Yesterday my mom and I took my daughter to see the Nutcracker.  It's a tradition we try to do every year. It always gets me in the spirit of Christmas and yesterday was no exception! Especially since we got a beautiful snow storm the day before.


I am also planning a nutcracker themed party for my son's kindergarten class.  The cups were the inspiration and I thought the nutcracker theme would appeal to everyone.  I found some cute ideas on Pinterest (see my samples below) and even ordered a nutcracker shaped cookie cutter.





Our elf made a visit this morning and brought the children tiny, elf sized Hershey kisses (aka chocolate chip.)  They loved it! He even put them in a tiny jar that was just like the jar we had our regular sized kisses in! So fun.  Another great Pinterest idea.


And lastly, I thought I would share some photos I snapped with my phone while I was out and about this morning.  I used to think that the fall was the most beautiful season in Connecticut, but I am starting to think that Winter is now in the running.  The trees are sparkling, covered in ice, and are such a contrast to the beautiful blue sky. It truly is breathtaking.





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!