Friday, October 4, 2013

spiders and rats

I have had fun decorating for Halloween this year.  These are three very simple and inexpensive ways to decorate.  I like decorations that are clean, tasteful and relatively simple, not over the top or to loud. I am pretty sure Martha Stewart should really be the one to get credit for all of these, but here is my version.

You can buy these rat cut out (by Martha!) at Michael's.  But, I also saw some glittered ones at the party store for only a few dollars.  You could even cut out your own if you are inclined.  My children think they are hysterical!



I let these beautiful hydrangeas dry out and some of the leaves have even turned a slight shade of brown.  They were the perfect spot for some glittered black spiders. 




I also had some black paper spiders that I taped to the inside of my white lampshade.  I love that you cannot see them when the light is turned off.  When you turn it on you see a great surprise!  Again I think I bought these at Michaels but you could certainly make them yourself and could put any kind of Halloween creature inside.




More Halloween to come next week, but for now I hope that you all have a lovely weekend!  Its a perfect fall day here in Connecticut.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!