Thursday, August 8, 2013

our summer in pictures

 
I can't believe it's already August and we only have a few short weeks of summer left.  I thought I would share a few pictures from our summer.  They are all from my Instagram account.
 
 
This was our view from the Cape in July.
 

I tried making cold brew coffee this summer.  This was some cinnamon iced coffee that I made, which just seems to taste better in blue mason jars.


 
We have done a lot of swimming.


                                                 And have had a few picnics at the lake.

 
On hot days, the children love to play with water balloons.

 
Of course we have eaten lots of ice cream and even made our traditional ice cream sand castle.


I like to have summers where we have some things planned and then a lot of unstructured time where we don't have to be anywhere.  After a week at the Cape, two weeks of swimming lessons and then a a little bit of camp, we are spending our last few weeks doing themed activities, like I did with our stay camp a few years ago.  The children asked me if we could do it again and I was happy to oblige.  This week is fairies (my daughter's choice) and next week is dinosaurs (my son's choice).  I also planned a surprise "back to school" week which will get us right up to the first week of school.  I will share the pictures as we go.  Hope you are all enjoying your last few weeks, or maybe days, of summer!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!