Wednesday, June 26, 2013

that's a wrap




 Two major themes that my daughter's class studied this year were trees and family.  Her teacher also loves to garden, so I tried to think of a nice class gift that would incorporate all of these things.  I asked each of the students to decorate a puzzle piece to look like themselves and attached clothespins to the back which I used to hang on the branches of a hibiscus tree.  I also collected a monetary donation which went towards the purchase of the tree, pot, supplies and a generous gift certificate to the local garden center, which is hanging on the back of the tree in a red envelope.  A friend made the "rm 17 family tree" banner and I think it was the perfect final touch!  This would also be a fun project to do this summer for a family reunion.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!