Thursday, June 20, 2013

summer food fun







Sometimes it feels like I am always making food for others!  There was an end of the year luncheon for the teachers at my daughters school and I signed up to bring salad.  It was supposed to be a beach theme so when I was trying to think of a cute presentation I came up with a sand bucket!  I ran it right through the dishwasher and used two shovels as the salad servers.  I attached the recipe to the handle so that people would know what was in it.
The sugar cookies were the dessert part of a meal train. I included some nail polish to go with it.  I actually got this idea to just frost the "toes" with icing from my dear friend and mentor, Barb! She made them for me once and I loved them! I thought they might bring some joy to a family that is going through a very difficult time.
Also, just wanted to thank Tracy for sending me the loveliest email this morning telling me how much she enjoys my blog. It brought a smile to my face.  I always think the best compliment come from strangers, they are always so sincere.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!