Sunday, September 9, 2012

the lorax





We went to a wedding in New Jersey this weekend!  Some friends (with two girls of their own) offered to watch our older two so that we could attend.  I wanted to give them a little thank you combined with an activity for the kids.  My inspiration was the Lorax movie.  I tucked the movie and some snack cups into a white popcorn bucket and made some lorax straws with bright yellow mustaches on them.  I included some Lorax themed snacks too:  humming fish (goldfish crackers) bar ba loots (teddy grahams) and white truffula seeds (mini marshmallows).  For the grown ups I dressed up a bottle of wine for them to enjoy after the kids were all in bed and I attached a gift certificate to the local movie theatre so that their whole family could enjoy a movie on us.  I also packed a small jar of Hershey kisses with a label that said "Magic mommy kisses.  Take two and I'll see you in the morning."  I left them with our friends but didn't tell the children about them.  They were just there just in case and luckily they weren't needed.
I can probably count on one hand the number of times that we have spent a night away from our children.  As always I was a little apprehensive, but it was funny because the kids were so excited about watching the movie and eating the snacks that they couldn't wait for us to leave!  Here is another idea that I used when we were gone for a whole weekend. 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!