Tuesday, July 10, 2012

summer afternoon


We are back from the Cape.  We had a wonderful week filled with fireworks, lobsters, parades, ice cream, swimming in the ocean and lots of time with cousins!
Before the summer started I asked my children what they wanted to do this summer.  I wrote their ideas on the chalkboard in the dining room.  They included make s'mores, build sandcastles, catch fireflies, typical summer activities.  Today we crossed one off the list: berry picking.  We picked raspberries, blueberries and peaches!!!!  There is nothing more summery to me than picking fruit at the orchard and then coming home to eat it.  We had berry smoothies for lunch and I made some lemon blueberry muffins this afternoon with my daughter while the boys napped. 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!