Tuesday, June 5, 2012

calling all superheroes

On Sunday we had my son's fourth birthday party.  As I mentioned last week it was a super hero ice cream party.


For decorations I made bunting out of a vintage super man comic book that I purchased off of Ebay.



Our signature drink for the adults was Super Sangria.  I made star shaped ice cubes with the sangria and also froze the orange and lemon slices to keep it cold during the party without watering it down. 



I also used red star shaped balloons all over the house to decorate.




The main activity for the party was a super hero bouncy house.  But since it started raining ten minutes before the party started I had some other activities lined up.  The kids decorated their own masks, played with super hero Lego's, super dough (playdoh) and we had the Incredibles playing in our home theatre.  Luckily it was a quick rain shower and we all headed outside to jump!



I used wrapping paper for the tablecloth and taped down the plates so they wouldn't blow away.  It was also very helpful when we had to pick up the tables and run them inside before the rain!




The kids ate hero's on a stick, lightening bolt chicken nuggets and watermelon stars.  We got a five foot hero for the grownups and I also had some "POW'sta salad on the side.



For dessert the kids made their own ice cream sundaes. I served the ice cream in red beach pails (that I ran through the dishwasher).  I ordered tiny super hero spoons to use with the toppings with and some large red ice cream cups to serve the ice cream in.  This was a big hit!





                                      I made some sugar cookies and stamped them with "super finn".




And some cupcakes ice cream cones.  I forgot to put the cherries on top, but nobody seemed to notice or care!



For the favors I ordered some adorable candy bags and filled them with lollipops, gumballs and tiny candy coated chocolates!  We all had a lot of fun and I especially enjoyed planning a party around this theme.  I tried not to do anything too comercial, instead I used colors and stars to create a super hero theme. 


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. this all looks so fun Nina! I also bought the red and white polka dot napkins for Olivia's party this weekend (ladybug theme - I couldn't find black polka dot ones.) I have been searching for a table cloth -- but maybe I'll just use wrapping paper!!! such a good idea and it will match!!!! The comic book pennant is adorable! and I love the F favor bags... I hope Finn had a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!