Friday, May 4, 2012

teacher appreciation



When I turned thirty my friend and colleague, Hope, had each of my 15 students bring in two flowers for me so that by the end of the day I would have a beautiful arrangement of 30 flowers!  Hope provided the vase and put it in my classroom first thing in the morning and I was surprised and delighted when each of my students came in carrying beautiful flowers for my special day.  It was one of my favorite gifts and when I went home at the end of the day I had the most beautiful arrangement of flowers.  I thought this would be a great idea to use for teacher appreciation which is celebrated next week.  Since I am the room mother for my daughter's kindergarten class I bought the vase and asked each of her classmates to bring a flower to school on Monday for their teacher.  I got the vase at IKEA for only $2 and filled it with some wooden alphabet magnets that I found at the dollar store.  I asked the parents to send in a flower from their garden or one that they could purchase from the grocery store.  I didn't want it to be a lot of work or cost a lot of money.  But, I know that this small gesture will certainly make their teacher feel appreciated.  Do you have any fun plans for teacher appreciation next week?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!