Wednesday, January 25, 2012

that's a wrap

(photo courtesy of brooks brothers)

I thought for today I would share some of the gifts that I have given to my husband for Valentine's Day.  Before kids we used to take turns (every other year) planning special romantic dinners and nights away for each other.

I had always wanted to have dinner at Tavern on The Green in NYC and one year my husband made reservations for us.  For my gift to him I decided it would be fun to give him a new outfit from head to toe to wear to the restaurant that evening.  I gave him one piece of clothing at a time throughout the day with a quote attached to each one.

With a pair of socks it said, "True love is like a pair of socks.  You gotta have two and they've gotta match"
With the underwear, "Humility is like underwear, essential, but indecent if it shows"
And, for a new sweater the quote said "I have to much money invested in sweaters"  Bob Hope

You get the idea! 
(photo courtesy of black diamond rings)

 Another year we decided to go to Boston for the night.  I thought it would be fun to organize a special scavenger hunt for us.  Some of the things we had to find were:

~ the largest diamond ring at Tiffany's
~ a cup of hot cocoa at a restaurant that had the number 14 in the address
~ a sample of new perfume and cologne and pick one out for each other.
There were many more, but I can't remember them all!  You can make this up for any place that you might be visiting for Valentine's day or a special anniversary.

(photo courtesy of amazon)

 
One last idea I'll share is when I organized a night away at a local bed and breakfast.  I was trying to think of a creative way to tell him about our plans so I gave him some items to use for our night away along with the lyrics that I had rewritten to a love song.

L is for the way you look in red (with a  red bathrobe)
O is for your orange juice in bed (I made him breakfast in bed)
V is very, very romantic with strawberries (I made chocolate covered strawberries)
E is for even more, bath tub time with bubbles galore (I gave him some bubble bath and some truck shaped bath tub toys)......

These days with three small children in the house our Valentines Day's are more like take out and a movie.  But, I wouldn't trade them for anything!!!!  I would love to hear about your plans for Valentine's Day.  Anything special planned?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!