Wednesday, November 2, 2011

wacky wednesday





This Halloween will be one that we will never forget.  We had a nor'easter here in Ct. and we lost power on Saturday night.  We just got it back today- Wednesday!  It has been crazy.  Since our whole town was 100% out for Halloween we could not trick or treat.  Instead we got together with some friends and made the most of the evening as best as we could WITHOUT POWER.  I didn't even have time to make the trick or treat bags to attach to the wreath like I did last year and wasn't even sure that anyone would stop by the house.  Instead, I quickly tucked some candy inside my Halloween wreath and put some LED lights into our pumpkins.  I am pretty sure no one came by  ;(  On a brighter note I discovered these over sized pumpkin marshmallows at the grocery store. I made them into a fun treat by dipping them in some chocolate and placing them into a cupcake liner filled with some cookie crumb dirt.  I twisted a piece of licorice into a stew and voila, a cute and easy treat.  I also used the marshmallows on the side of a mug of cocoa for my kids after they came in from playing in the first snow of the season.  I hope that you all had a wonderful Halloween and that you had the opportunity to eat, drink & be scary!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!