Monday, July 25, 2011

stay camp










After quite a busy summer last year  (a trip to Ireland/Italy, my husbands 40th birthday, my 20th high school reunion....)  I am really enjoying the lazy days of summer this year.  I decided not to sign my kids up for any camp.  I like having them home.  I like being flexible enough to wake up and say let's go berry picking today.  I know the term "stay-cation" is used quite frequently these days. I decided to create "stay-camp" like day camp only we stay home.  I asked my children what they wanted to learn more about.  My three year old said "buzz lightyear" so I interpreted that as Outer Space.  We had a lot of fun gathering books at the library.  We made some crafts.  We played outside with some astronaut bubbles and moon sand.  We had a fun themed lunch and I was even lucky enough to find some "Space Adventures" goldfish!  What I love about this idea is the flexibility.  If it was beautiful outside we went to the lake.  If it was raining outside and the baby was napping we cuddled up and read a book or did a craft.  Last week we started our next theme- castles.  Since it was very hot out we spent a lot of time in the water.  We didn't get to do enough crafts and I ran out of time to make an ice cream sand castle with the kids.  So, we decided to continue the same theme this week.  Did I mention I love the flexibility?    I guess you can take the teacher out of the classroom but you can't take the classroom out of the teacher!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!