Monday, July 11, 2011

seven year itch


 ( photo courtesy of Claire Murray)

My husband and I celebrated our seven year wedding anniversary while we were at the Cape.  The traditional gift for seven years is wool.  Perhaps that is how the "seven year itch" originated!  Anyway, I was planning on getting my husband a monogrammed cashmere blanket and a movie, but since we are in the middle of summer here in Connecticut, curling up with a wool blanket was the last thing that I wanted to do.  Instead I thought it would be fun to go pick out our present together while we were on vacation.  Claire Murray makes beautiful rugs and since they are made of wool it seemed like the perfect gift and new addition to our bright yellow kitchen.  This is the rug that we ended up purchasing.  I love it and we were able to get it at a great discount too!  I haven't picked our movie yet if anyone has any suggestions.  I was thinking of something with seven in the title.  "Seven", "Snow white and the seven Dwarfs", "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers".  You get the idea.  If you want to learn more about our anniversary traditon you can read about it here.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Why not the seven year itch? :)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JF5TXO/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000059GEF&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1CHHZY1FF3178MXVHJKT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Brooke! I didn't even know about this movie..... Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that too! It's great and very appropriate! Happy Anniversary, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!