Tuesday, May 17, 2011

come sail "a"way










We had a very busy weekend.  A mother/daughter tea at the pre-school, a day out with Thomas the Train, and our babies Christening on Sunday.  We were lucky enough to have two of my sister in laws from Ireland join us for the Christening so it was extra special for everyone. I decided to use a nautical theme and the colors blue and white.   Of course, I had to add a few pops of red too!  I also used the letter "A" since that is the first initial in my babies name. For the favors I found tiny metal sailboat that I filled with yellow and white salt water taffy.  For the kids I served lemonade in mason jars with some candy sailboat stirrers.  I found the idea here. For the adults we served sea breezes. It was delicious and very easy to make. I also happened to have some ice pop molds in the shape of sailboats!  It was as simple as filling them with juice and popping them in the freezer.  The kids loved them. Even though it was a rainy and wet day we spent a lovely afternoon with friends and family.  Hope your weekend was filled with family, friends and lots of fun too!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Too lovely for words! What a wonderful way to spend a rainy day. Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything turned out darling!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!