Friday, May 20, 2011

alice in wonderland basket





I was commissioned to make a gift basket for one of the teachers at my daughter's school who recently had a death in her family.  I was asked to incorporate tea, wine, and flowers- all of her favorite things.  I found inspiration from the mother/daughter "Alice in Wonderland" themed tea party that the teachers had organized at school last week.  I found an over sized b&w tea cup with a picture of Alice on it and put a red rose plant inside.  I tucked in a silver spoon (garden marker) with "rose garden" stamped on it.  After some searching I was able to find a bottle of wine from CA that had a "queen of hearts" label.  Since they don't sell it here in Connecticut. I had to have it shipped. I think it was worth it!  I wrapped some ginger peach tea and chocolate biscotti and added tags that read "drink me" and "eat me."  I also put some tiny stuffed mice in for her "Cheshire cat."  To finish it off I stuck in a pink flamingo and wrapped it all in cellophane.  I attached a card in the shape of a crown and wrote "queen of" and inside the word "our" and four red hearts representing the four people who were giving this basket to their friend. This was a very fun basket to make and I hope that it brought some comfort to the recipient knowing that she is the queen of all of our hearts.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the Alice cup with the rose and spoon. I have some of these spoons - I used them at Christmas time last year. They are great aren't they?

    Happy weekend to you, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I do love those spoons. I ordered this one from etsy but they are not to difficult to make. This summer I hope to try and make some myself. Hope you have a grat weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!