Monday, August 23, 2010

back to school dinner




As I mentioned in the post, I had a back to school dinner the night before my daughter's first day of school. I used white butcher paper as the table cloth and my kids had fun decorating it while they were waiting for dinner. I used apples as the centerpiece and mini chalkboard for the place cards. I served ABC soup (the recipe can be found here) and grilled cheese that I cut into letter shapes using cookie cutters. For dessert my daughter helped me make "kissing hand" cookies. I love the book "The Kissing Hand" by Audrey Penn and thought it would be fun to make hand shaped sugar cookies with a chocolate kiss in the middle. We gave our daughter a new backpack with a few treats inside and hung it from the back of her dinner chair. Teacher gift ides to come!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Love the Kissing Hand too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I also read the Kissing Hand to my son who was really, really nervous and a bit scared about kindergarten. I made a little something for him to take in his pocket but I think he might have liked the cookies better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!