Monday, May 10, 2010

rain, rain go away








When I was a little girl I always loved going to my friend Carrie's house. We had such fun playing with all of her toys and she even had a swing in her bedroom! One stormy day while I was there her mom pulled out a "rainy day box" filled with all sorts of fun activities. I still remember how excited I was that day and always knew that someday I wanted to make one for my own kids. I took a plain white box and glued on some paper umbrellas and pretty ribbon. I am going to let my kids decorate the umbrellas when I present it to them soon. Inside I put some hello kitty shrinky dinks, some bendable wax building sticks and some melty beads among other things. Some other great things to put in your box would be some beads, clay, finger puppets, or temporary animal hand tattoos. This kind of a kit would also be great for sick or snow days in the winter. You can fill it with anything and your kids will always be excited to choose from one of the activities.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!