Monday, April 26, 2010

impatiens



Today is my mom's birthday! Last year she turned 75 so I had fun putting together a variety of surprises for her. One of them was for her garden. I bought 75 impatiens plants and put them in small pots along a stone wall on her property. I typed up this quote: "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience" by Ralph Waldo Emerson and cut out each individual word, put them on sticks, and placed them in 12 of the pots. As my mom walked passed the wall she saw all of the beautiful flowers and read the quote in its entirety. I thought this quote was perfect for the impatiens...but, this idea can be adapted by using different flowers (or even herbs), and a quote that pertains to the occasion or flowers. This idea can really work for any special occasion.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!