Wednesday, March 3, 2010

shopping

(photo courtesy of Avoca)
My favorite store in Ireland, hands down, is Avoca. It has fabulous home furnishings like the beautiful blanket above, gourmet foods packaged to perfection, toys for kids, oil cloth and so much more. It sort of reminds me of Anthropologie here in the States. The original Avoca store is in Wicklow and is well worth the trip. The drive just to get there is beautiful and worth the effort. I have also been to the newer store in Rathcoole on the Naas Road in Dublin. I can spend hours just walking around looking at all of the amazing displays. And, the best part, when you have finished your shopping you can go upstairs and enjoy delicious gourmet food or simply have a cup of tea. There is only one Avoca in the United States located in Annapolis, Maryland. If you are lucky enough to live anywhere near there I suggest you make the trip. I am confident you won't be disappointed.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Ok - I was at Avoca this Summer in Wicklow - you are right it is such a neat shop. I have a fabulous shirt from them and my mom has a scarf she loves. You made me smile today just remembering it and coming across someone else who knows the place. Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that you have been there and love it as much as I do. We are heading back to Ireland at the end of May and I will definitely be making my annual trip to Avoca. Thanks for sharing your memory with me. And, Happy day to you too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!