Wednesday, March 31, 2010

the country bunny and the little gold shoes

(photo courtesy of Barnes & Noble)

This is my favorite Easter book for kids. I loved it when I was a little girl and enjoy reading it to my own kids now. I love that it has a strong female protagonist, a good message and beautiful illustrations. "It is difficult to believe that this very modern feminist tale was originally written in 1939. A gem of a fantasy in which kindness and cleverness win out over size and brawn." (Learning Magazine) This book would be a perfect addition for an Easter Basket. You can find this book here . How cute would it be if you also tucked in a pair of gold shoes! I found some here, here and here.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!