Tuesday, December 8, 2009

decorating with b&w for the holidays...





















Most people think of red & green for Christmas. As I mentioned in a previous post, my dining room is b & w. For Christmas this year I wanted to try and keep this color scheme in my dining room for my holiday decorating. I used clear Christmas ornaments that I found at a craft store to hang from the chandelier. In each one I placed something small and white, like buttons, glitter, or a single feather. It was an easy way to add dimension and interest to the decor, and I didn't have to run out to get any of it. I used things I had in the house. I was able to find black candy, wrapping paper, and ornaments at most of the local stores. These accents along with a white poinsettia and twinkle lights transformed the room into a festive place to gather with friends and family.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!